TERMS AND CONDITIONS
The Contract is entered into between You, being the person taking driving lessons, and Your Instructor
Please note that You do not have a contract with Cherry Driving School Limited.
You will agree with Your Instructor the timing, location, and fees charged for each and every driving lesson. Similarly, You will agree with Your Instructor when a driving test should be booked and other arrangements relating thereto.
Your Instructor will provide his tuition with reasonable care and skill, and You will have all statutory remedies as a consumer available to You. [By asking Your Instructor to provide a lesson within 14 days of the date of Your welcome email, you accept that You are losing the 14 days cancellation right which You would otherwise have as a consumer and that you will be required to pay for those lessons during the 14 day period.
You will do the following:
- Have a valid driving licence (provisional, full or international);
- Inform Your Instructor if You are taking any medication, or have any other reasons why You should not undertake a booked lesson; or
- Inform your Instructor if for any reason You are banned from driving or not permitted to receive driving lessons in the United Kingdom.
If Your Instructor believes that You are unfit to drive upon You attending a lesson, then Your Instructor is entitled to cancel the lesson without liability to You. If that occurs, Your Instructor will be entitled to charge You for the lesson.
If You cancel a lesson with less than 24 hours notice, or if You fail to attend within 10 minutes of the start time of a scheduled lesson, then again Your Instructor is entitled to cancel the lesson without liability to You, but to charge You as if the lesson took place.
Your Instructor provides these lessons to You on the understanding that You are a consumer. Your Instructor is not liable to You (and neither is Cherry Driving School Limited liable to You) for any of the following losses which You su!er as a result of any actual or alleged breach of Contract or duty:
- a) Loss of profits, loss of sales or business, delay in obtaining full UK driving licence, or financial or economic loss;
- b) On very rare occasions, it may be necessary for Your Instructor to cancel a lesson for reasons beyond his or her control. This may include, for example, if Your Instructor’s vehicle breaks down or if Your Instructor is ill.
In those circumstances where the cancellation was beyond the Instructor’s reasonable control, then the Instructor shall be entitled to cancel the lesson without liability to You.Where You have agreed with Your Instructor that the Instructor will make their vehicle available for a driving test, then Your Instructor shall be entitled to withdraw their vehicle if they are of the opinion that you are not ready to take Your driving test.
They will have no liability to You for this removal but shall be entitled to charge You for the time when the vehicle was booked out if they are unable to rearrange another lesson for that time. You may be required to pay any applicable driving test centre fees, and Your Instructor will have no liability to You in relation to those fees.
If you have any questions or complaints about Your lessons and/or Your Instructor, then you should raise this with Your Instructor in the first instance. If you are unable to reach a satisfactory conclusion with Your Instructor, then please contact Cherry Driving School Limited on 01522 804819. It may be the case that Cherry Driving School Limited can put you in touch with an alternative Instructor to continue with your lessons, subject to availability.
Cherry Driving School Limited accept no liability for any dissatisfaction which you may have with your instructor, however.
- a) Your data will have been received initially by Cherry Driving School Limited or its agent, and then passed to your Instructor. In handling your data, both Cherry Driving School Limited and your Instructor will comply with the Data Protection Policy available at www.cherrydrivingschool.co.uk)
- b) Any dispute or claim arising out of or relating to this Contract will be governed by the laws of England and Wales. Any such dispute or claim shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English Courts.
A copy of these Terms and Conditions can be obtained from your Instructor
The provision of training is subject to acceptance of these terms and conditions