Cherry Driving School Limited (“We”) are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
This policy sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us. Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it. By visiting www.cherrydrivingschool.co.uk or otherwise interacting with us or our franchisees, you are acknowledging that we may process your personal data in accordance with this policy.
For the purpose of the currently applicable data protection legislation (the “Legislation“), the data controller is Cherry Driving School Limited of 33 Minster Drive, Cherry Willingham, Lincoln, LN3 4LR.
INFORMATION WE COLLECT FROM YOU
We will collect and process the following data about you:
- Information you give us. This is information about you that you give us by filling in forms on our site www.cherrydrivingschool.co.uk (“our site“) or by corresponding with us (or our agents or franchisees) by phone, e-mail or otherwise. It includes (where applicable) information you provide when you register to use our site, subscribe to our service, search for a product, place an order on our site, participate in discussion boards or other social media functions on our site, enter a competition, promotion or survey, and when you report a problem with our site. The information you give us may include your name, address, e-mail address and phone number, financial and credit card information, personal description and photograph, and consumer preferences.
- Information we collect about you. With regard to each of your visits to our site we will automatically collect the following information:
- technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, your login information (and login information & profile content for any applications used to login to our site, such as Facebook logins), browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform;
- information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL), clickstream to, through and from our site (including date and time), products you viewed or searched for, page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), methods used to browse away from the page, and any phone number used to call our customer service number.
- Information we receive from other sources. We work closely with third parties (including, for example, business partners, sub-contractors in technical, payment and delivery services, advertising networks, analytics providers, search information providers, credit reference agencies and our franchisees). We will notify you when we receive information about you from them unless this constitutes an unreasonable technical or logistical burden, and the purposes for which we intend to use that information will be as set out in this data protection policy.
USES MADE OF THE INFORMATION
We will only process any personal data where we have a legal ground to do so. The legal grounds which we most commonly use are:
- Where such processing is reasonably necessary for the entering into or performance of a contract with you;
- Where such processing is necessary for our legitimate interests (or those of a third party) and your interests or fundamental rights do not override those interests;
- Where such processing is necessary to comply with a legal or regulatory obligation; or
- Where you have consented to such processing.
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- Information you give to us. We will use this information:
- to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into (or about to be entered into) between you and us and to provide you with the information, products and services that you request from us;
- to provide you with information about other goods and services we offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about (with your consent);
- to provide you, or permit selected third parties to provide you, with information about goods or services we feel may interest you (with your consent);
- to notify you about changes to our service;
- to ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
- Information we collect about you. We will use this information:
- to administer our site and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
- to improve our site to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- to allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so;
- as part of our efforts to keep our site safe and secure;
- to measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising we serve to you and others, and to deliver relevant advertising to you;
- to make suggestions and recommendations to you and other users of our site about goods or services that may interest you or them (with your consent).
- Information we receive from other sources. We will combine this information with information you give to us and information we collect about you. We will use this information and the combined information for the purposes set out above (depending on the types of information we receive).
DISCLOSURE OF YOUR INFORMATION
You agree that we have the right to share your personal information with:
- Our franchisees;
- Selected third parties including:
- business partners, suppliers and sub-contractors for the performance of any contract we enter into with them or you;
- advertisers and advertising networks that require the data to select and serve relevant adverts to you and others;
- analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of our site;
- credit reference agencies for the purpose of assessing your credit score where this is a condition of us entering into a contract with you.
We will also disclose your personal information to other third parties:
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we will disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- If Cherry Driving School Limited or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
- If we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to enforce or apply our contract terms with you; or to protect the rights, property, or safety of us, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
WHERE WE STORE YOUR PERSONAL DATA
All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers within the EEA. Any payment transactions will be encrypted using SSL technology. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
We may not process your personal data for marketing purposes without your consent. You can provide your consent by ticking the relevant box on our Site and/or our forms, or by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also exercise your right to withdraw your marketing consent at any time by contacting us at email@example.com.
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
We operate our business as a franchisor, and may pass your data to one or more of our franchisees in order to meet your service requirements. To the maximum extent permitted by law, we have no responsibility and accept no liability for the processing of your personal data by such franchisees, who operate as independent companies or sole traders.
ACCESS TO INFORMATION & OTHER RIGHTS
The Legislation gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Legislation.
The Legislation also give you certain rights regarding (i) rectification (i.e. to correct or complete data); (ii) erasure (commonly known as the right to be forgotten); (iii) portability of your data to a third party at your request; and (iv) in some circumstances to object to particular processing of your data. If you have any questions regarding your rights in relation to your data, we recommend that you contact the ICO – https://ico.org.uk/.
We will only retain your data for as long as is necessary to fulfil the purposes that we collected it for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting or reporting requirements. By law we are required to retain certain information about customers and transactions for six years after they cease being a customer, amongst other things for tax purposes.
We may retain your data indefinitely once it has been anonymised.
CHANGES TO OUR DATA PROTECTION POLICY
Any changes we make to our data protection policy in the future will be posted on this page. Please check back frequently to see any updates or changes to our data protection policy.
Questions, comments and requests regarding this data protection policy are welcomed and should be addressed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
A cookie is a small file of letters and numbers that we store on your browser or the hard drive of your computer if you agree. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer’s hard drive.
We use the following cookies:
- Strictly necessary cookies. These are cookies that are required for the operation of our site. They include, for example, cookies that enable you to log into secure areas of our site, use a shopping cart or make use of e-billing services.
- Analytical/performance cookies. They allow us to recognise and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around our site when they are using it. This helps us to improve the way our site works, for example, by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily.
- Functionality cookies. These are used to recognise you when you return to our site. This enables us to personalise our content for you, greet you by name and remember your preferences (for example, your choice of language or region).
- Targeting cookies. These cookies record your visit to our site, the pages you have visited and the links you have followed. We will use this information to make our site and the advertising displayed on it more relevant to your interests. We may also share this information with third parties for this purpose.
You can find more information about the individual cookies we use and the purposes for which we use them by contacting us at email@example.com.
You block cookies by activating the setting on your browser that allows you to refuse the setting of all or some cookies. However, if you use your browser settings to block all cookies (including essential cookies) you may not be able to access all or parts of our site.
Except for essential cookies, all cookies will expire after no more than 24 months (in the case of persistent cookies), and your closure of your browser (in the case of session cookies).